Certificate for my domain on Windows 2016 and IIS

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: digitalanand.com

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version): IIS

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Windows 2016

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): Yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): Yes

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot): I am using win-acme.v2.0.4.227

Hello guys, sorry I am new to certification. Basically my requirement is, I have several project running on above domain and these projects are running as subdomain, also this is hosted on different servers, all of them are on IIS. So how can I generate one certificate which I can use between multiple servers? Once this is done, every 90 days do I have to reinstall new certificate on all servers or renewal from one of the server will renew on all projects?

Thanks,
Pat.

Hi @patv2learn

you can create max. 50 certificates per week per domain.

And you can create one certificate with max. 100 different domain names. Or you use a wildcard certificate.

What’s the best? I don’t know. You can create one certificate and deploy it. Or every server has it’s own client and creates a certificate with a subdomain name.

A wildcard certificate requires dns-01 validation, so you have to create a dns TXT entry. Amazing, if your DNS-provider supports an API. Terrible, if you have to do that manual.

Yep, Letsencrypt certificates are 90 days valid. So you should have an automation to renew the certificates.

Thanks for the details Jergen. Numbers you gave me are more than enough for me and most of my app will be running as sub-domain.

Can you please lead me to the document / article about this? I mean how to get generate / use this certificate. I will be using Windows 2016 Server with IIS.

Thanks.

Check the basics:

Then select a client: