Certificate errors from gmail android 12

I have my own business email domain. Since we have upgraded to new android phone (android 12). The gmail app that come with the phone will not accept our let's encrypt on out email hosting domain (redshift.com) either or (stapcon.com). We always get and error saying the certificate has expired, and there for we can only use non secure email. I have also tried a couple of email apps and they do not recognize the certificate either. I have talked to my hosting company a few times about it. At first the certificate had not renewed so they fixed that and still have the problem. They don't know why either. Older android phones we have work okay as well as computer browsers work with your certificate's. It appears google is tying or is controlling email.
My domain is:
stapcon.com

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Redshift.com (razzolink)

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes no, or I don't know): Yes

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): DirectAdmin

The certificate being presented by the stapcon.com website is for da8.redshift.com. Certificates can cover multiple domains but they must include the name your software is trying to contact, so currently your certificate is consider invalid for stapcon.com.

4 Likes

Thank you. I have been trying to get this figured out. Now I have any answer. Do I have to do this through my hosting company? Or do I ask Let's encrypt for a new one?
Thanks again.

1 Like

It really depends how you got that certificate. If you got it yourself using software like Certbot or some other "acme" client (or your web hosting control panel etc) then it's up to you to put the required names on the certificate using whatever method your software supports.

If your hosting provider got it for you then best to contact them for help.

4 Likes

I get the certificate from my hosting company on the direct admin. They have a get a free certificate from let's encrypt. That is what I have used but for some reason it keeps going to the da8.redshift thing. How should I go about getting the right certificate?
Thanks Again for your help
Jeff

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.