Certbot on nsa320s with apache

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better.

My domain is: -

I ran this command: pip install certbot certbot-apache; certbot --apache

It produced this output:

<snip>
Successfully installed ConfigArgParse-0.10.0 PyOpenSSL-16.0.0 acme-0.8.1 certbot-0.8.1 certbot-apache-0.8.1 cffi-1.7.0 configobj-5.0.6 cryptography-1.4 enum34-1.1.6 funcsigs-1.0.2 idna-2.1 ipaddress-1.0.16 mock-2.0.0 ndg-httpsclient-0.4.2 parsedatetime-2.1 pbr-1.10.0 psutil-4.3.0 pyasn1-0.1.9 pycparser-2.14 pyrfc3339-1.0 python-augeas-0.5.0 python2-pythondialog-3.4.0 pytz-2016.6.1 requests-2.11.0 six-1.10.0 zope.component-4.2.2 zope.event-4.2.0 zope.interface-4.2.0
root@NSA320S:~# certbot --apache
Version: 1.1-20110118
Version: 1.1-20110118
The apache plugin is not working; there may be problems with your existing configuration.
The error was: NoInstallationError('Problem in Augeas installation',)
root@NSA320S:~#

My operating system is (include version): unknown linux with 2.6.31.8 kernel (embedded)

My web server is (include version): apache httpd 2.4.18 (myself compiled)

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: -

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): no

Hi!

I have a ZyXEL NSA320S (armv5) nas, and I decided to create a secure webDAV server to access my files from everywhere.

And for the SSL key, I found this excelent tool, the certbot.

So I installed using pip the certbot and the apache plugin, but when I try to generate a cert, with “certbot --apache”, it gives me an error (you Can see at this post’s It produced this output: output).

What Can I do?

Some info:
My apache webserver’s directory is /ffp/apache/.
I have python 2.7 and pip 8.1.1 installed.

Thanks!

I’m not familiar with this OS, but it’s quite possible that there’s simply no libaugeas package available, which is required for the apache plugin. I’m not sure if the installation is in a state where the webroot plugin would work, but you could give that a shot.

Your best bet is probably using one of the alternative clients with little to no OS dependencies. The bash clients are a good option in that regard.

Thanks for Your answer!

I think, the pip installed a python-augeas package. And I Can compile a libaugeas package too.

But if I find an easy to use alternative, which Can automate (for example with crontab) the key renewal, that would be nice! :smiley:

Thanks a lot!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.