Certbot is NOT showing virtual hosts anymore

My domain is: gordonestatesale.com

I ran this Preformatted textcommand: certbot --authenticator webroot --installer apache

It produced this output:
Please choose an account
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
1: localhost@2018-07-01T16:26:49Z (4b22)
2: localhost@2018-06-30T14:12:11Z (c4e4)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Select the appropriate number [1-2] then [enter] (press ‘c’ to cancel):

_My web server is (include version): _
Apache/2.4.25 (Debian)

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):
Debian 9.7

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:
Owned dedicated server

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):
No

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot):
certbot 0.28.0

Since a while ago certbot just stopped displaying the virtual domains and it displays 2 lines of localhosts as I noted above. Typing “certbot certificates” does list all the certificates installed, but for the above stated reason I can’t install new certificates anymore.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks
Maurice

For some reason, you've managed to get two Let's Encrypt accounts associated with your certbot. If certbot only has one account, it would have skipped this question. But as you now have two accounts, it asks you to select one of then to use.

So your virtualhosts probably are just fine, just select one of the two accounts. It really doesn't matter if this is a relative simpel server with just a few hostnames and/or certificates. It's more of a large webhoster kind of usage when you want to manage multiple certificates over a few accounts. So I think it doesn't matter which account you chose.

Thanks for your prompt reply.
I have no idea how I managed to get 2 accounts.
Is there any way to delete one of them without loosing any certificates?

Thanks again
Maurice

certbot has an “unregister” feature, see the documentation: https://certbot.eff.org/docs/using.html

I have no idea how removing one of two accounts influences renewal of already existing certificates which were issued by that account, as the account ID is saved in the renewal configuration.

One possibility is having used the production system and the staging system.
[They do not share accounts so each would create its' own.]

I think this happened because I am using Webmin on the server and I created a certification for Webmin from the UI, while for all the virtual hosts I created them with Certbot. Does this makes sense?

I'm not 100 certain how Webmin works in that respect but that sounds very possible.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.