i am just new to LetsEncrypt and i already like the idea behind it. I run a few personal websites and i have a bit complex setup on my machine. I am trying to run certbot --apache but currently i always end up with some sort of “Error: should only be one vhost in…” errors.
Maybe i am doing something wrong?
This is my setup:
- main domain: mydomain.org (which has a virtualhost pointing to www.mydomain.org)
- virtualhosts with only HTTP (at the moment): www, aaa, bbb, ccc, ddd, eee, fff, ggg
- virtualhosts with HTTPS and HTTP: xxx
- virtualhosts with only HTTPS: hhh, iii
All are currently working properly with self-signed certs or some other certs (free).
The webserwer is Apache and the server runs Gentoo Linux (certbot is latest from GIT installed trough portage).
The config files layout is this:
- /etc/apache/httpd.conf (just modules setup and includes, no virtualhosts)
- /etc/apache/vhosts.d/mydomain.org.conf (just includes the other same name file under [domain_home], no directive)
- /etc/apache/vhosts/default.conf (only Port directive and not much more)
Then under the [domain_home] folders i have:
[domain_home]/conf/mydomain.org.conf (this one includes the following files, no directives)
[domain_home]/conf/_.conf (this one is the virtualhost for the “mydomain.org” main domain)
Each one of these files has ONE virtual host in it, except for the only one (xxx) which has TWO (one for port 80 one for the same virtualhost, port 443).
Certbot idendifies correctly all my domains…
Creates all the certs properly…
always fails at installing them with the “Error: should only be one vhost in [domain_home]/conf/yaddayadda.conf”
If i remove the “yaddayadda” file, it will just fail again on another random one.
I tried to search the forums and the most obviuous issues… But i could not fix it at all.
Can anybody help me out? I am a total loss now.