We just released Certbot 1.6.0. The changelog entry for the release is:
1.6.0 - 2020-07-07
- Certbot snaps are now available for the arm64 and armhf architectures.
- Add minimal code to run Nginx plugin on NetBSD.
- Make Certbot snap find externally snapped plugins
certbot.compat.filesystem.umaskis a drop-in replacement for
implementing umask for both UNIX and Windows systems.
- Support for alternative certificate chains in the
--preferred-chain <issuer CN>. If a CA offers multiple certificate chains,
it may be used to indicate to Certbot which chain should be preferred.
--preferred-chain "DST Root CA X3"
- Allow session tickets to be disabled in Apache when mod_ssl is statically linked.
- Generalize UI warning message on renewal rate limits
- Certbot behaves similarly on Windows to on UNIX systems regarding umask, and
022is applied by default: all files/directories are not writable by anyone
other than the user running Certbot and the system/admin users.
- Read acmev1 Let’s Encrypt server URL from renewal config as acmev2 URL to prepare
for impending acmev1 deprecation.
- Cloudflare API Tokens may now be restricted to individual zones.
- Don’t use
LooseVersionto check version requirements with setuptools,
to fix some packaging issues with libraries respecting PEP404 for version string,
with doesn’t match
- Certbot output doesn’t refer to SSL Labs due to confusing scoring behavior.
- Fix paths when calling to programs outside of the Certbot Snap, fixing the apache and nginx
plugins on, e.g., CentOS 7.
More details about these changes can be found on our GitHub repo.