Cert errors Unraid nextCloud setup

My domain for dns is: Duckdns.org

I ran this command: Swag server logs

It produced this output: Cert does not exist! Please see the validation error above. The issue may be due to incorrect dns or port forwarding settings. Please fix your settings and recreate the container

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): Yes

Hello guys,

I am very new to unraid and have made my unraid server and it's been working great. Was trying to make a cloud on it so I can access it from anywhere but, every step worked fine till I reached SWAG/Let'sencrypt

I am following this guide to get nextCloud working on my unraid server: Setup a Reverse Proxy NextCloud Server on Unraid using LetsEncrypt | by Chris Morris | Medium

I followed the steps perfectly and rechecked everything but, I am getting the follow error in my logs:

Certbot failed to authenticate some domains (authenticator: standalone). The Certificate Authority reported these problems:

Domain: unraiddnsrosh.duckdns.org
Type: connection
Detail: Fetching http://unraiddnsrosh.duckdns.org/.well-known/acme-challenge/9HVgFbSc0kexwymYiTK4JAcppmx74-9uY53Hyb1doKw: Timeout during connect (likely firewall problem)

Hint: The Certificate Authority failed to download the challenge files from the temporary standalone webserver started by Certbot on port 80. Ensure that the listed domains point to this machine and that it can accept inbound connections from the internet.

Some challenges have failed.

Ask for help or search for solutions at https://community.letsencrypt.org. See the logfile /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log or re-run Certbot with -v for more details.
ERROR: Cert does not exist! Please see the validation error above. The issue may be due to incorrect dns or port forwarding settings. Please fix your settings and recreate the container

Some challenges have failed.

Ask for help or search for solutions at https://community.letsencrypt.org. See the logfile /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log or re-run Certbot with -v for more details.
ERROR: Cert does not exist! Please see the validation error above. The issue may be due to incorrect dns or port forwarding settings. Please fix your settings and recreate the container

I would appreciate it if someone could help me either find a updated guide or tell me what I may have done wrong. Hoping to hear from you guys soon thanks.

2 Likes

Hi @Roshill and welcome to the LE community forum :slight_smile:

You need to ensure that HTTP can reach your system before you continue testing it while using the production LE system.

2 Likes

Hi @rg305 thank you for the welcome :grinning:
I will try and research on how to enable it on my server and will try again. Appreciate the help!.

2 Likes

You don't have to enable it on the server.
[if you are going to use a proxy, that should already be setup to listen for HTTP]

The trick is to also get everything else to play along.
Is there a firewall or ISP router that needs to be configured to allow HTTP to pass?

1 Like

Yes there is a firewall on the router have to see if I need to make an exception for it. I did port forward through the router will see what options I have on there.

2 Likes

You should start by making a simple HTTP site.
[think: "Hello world!"]

Then move forward from there and secure it with a cert.

1 Like

I turned off the firewall just to test if that would make it work still getting the above errors. Will try to see how to test Http on my server even on my unraid it shows unsecure connection on the top left beside https://.

Just my first time really diving into all this in along time. Really lost.

2 Likes

I'd advise to break the problem down as much as possible.
Test each piece and fix it until it works as expected.
In that sense, take the "Does HTTP pass the FW and router?" aside.
Spin up a temporary web server anywhere on your network - anything that responds to HTTP.
Port forward to that "test" system.
Hit that with as many hammers as needed until it can be reached from the Internet.
Take that knowledge and apply it to unraid system.
[prepared with knowing that HTTP is reaching it]
Then tackle that beast!
[with even bigger hammers]

2 Likes

Actually I have never hosted on a unraid server before.
I do remember downloading a program to test my connection speed and that wasn't working properly either for me.
I will try to find out how to set up a website on unraid and see if I can reach through the internet.
If there is a guide on how to do it. Do let me know.

1 Like

I think I might have figured it out maybe it's my SSL certificate it just keeps spinning when I click on provision. Or does it not matter?

1 Like

I went the DDNS route it's working great now. Thanks again :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.