Cerbot renew HTTPSConnectionPool(host='acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org', port=443): Read timed out

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: cdr.ichirf.inidus.cloud

I ran this command: docker run -p 80:80 -p 443:443 -vpwd/letsencrypt:/etc/letsencrypt -it certbot/certbot renew --standalone

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log

Processing /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/cdr.ichirf.inidus.cloud.conf

Cert is due for renewal, auto-renewing…
Plugins selected: Authenticator standalone, Installer None
Attempting to renew cert (cdr.ichirf.inidus.cloud) from /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/cdr.ichirf.inidus.cloud.conf produced an unexpected error: HTTPSConnectionPool(host=‘acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org’, port=443): Read timed out. (read timeout=45). Skipping.

Processing /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/explorer.ichirf.inidus.cloud.conf

Cert not yet due for renewal
All renewal attempts failed. The following certs could not be renewed:
/etc/letsencrypt/live/cdr.ichirf.inidus.cloud/fullchain.pem (failure)

The following certs are not due for renewal yet:
/etc/letsencrypt/live/explorer.ichirf.inidus.cloud/fullchain.pem expires on 2018-12-31 (skipped)
All renewal attempts failed. The following certs could not be renewed:
/etc/letsencrypt/live/cdr.ichirf.inidus.cloud/fullchain.pem (failure)

1 renew failure(s), 0 parse failure(s)

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):no

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):No

This worked 3 months ago (former dev) and the odd thing is that after a number of similar failures the other cert ‘explorer.ichirf.inidus.cloud’ , was renewed succesfully last night.

Sorry I’m a real newbie in this space

curl -v acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/directory
curl -v acme-v01.api.letsencrypt.org/directory both seem alive.

as are
ping acme-v01.api.letsencrypt.org
ping acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org

but

ping6 acme-v01.api.letsencrypt.org
ping6 acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org

are both unreachable.

Any help much appreciated.

Ian

Does the computer "claim" IPv6 connectivity? I.e., does it have IPv6 configured and does it try to connect to IPv6 hosts? E.g., Google and/or Facebook through IPv6?

Thx,

No connectivity to Google or Facebook via IP6.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.