Cant renew certificates

Thanks.

After all internet search’s failed to help me get apache version telling me to enter httpd -v. I randomly typed in apache2 -v and got the version which is 2.4.25

So I have removed the SSLCertificatefullchain entry now. There is no letsencrypt.pem anyway, only fullchain.pem.

And I’ve changed the SSLcertificatefile to point to the fullchain.pem as you have advised

Hopefully that’s sorted now. it’s nice to have a one click renewal that actually works. I might brave it and add a cron, but for now. A big THANK YOU, you have been so very helpful and patient with my lack of knowledge.

I’ll look at removing acme.php properly tomorrow, not sure if anything is actively running or if safe just to delete the acmephp folder or do some sort of uninstall, but again I’ll google that in the morning…

THANKS

Regards Daz

1 Like

Today I tested the renewal process and it seemed to run fine, but then the apache server wouldn’t come back up and 4 hours later I managed to remove acme.php which was causing the following error.

[Thu Jul 02 14:59:23.347707 2020] [ssl:emerg] [pid 7940] AH02565: Certificate and private key www.fipgauges.com:443:0 from /root/.acmephp/master/certs/fipgauges.com/public/fullchain.pem and /root/.acmephp/master/certs/fipgauges.com/private/key.private.pem do not match

I have restored a backup of my old certs on my webserver as is now working again, but reluctant to try renew again…

Please help

Regards Daren

Those are locations from AcmePHP, correct? I thought you said you're using acme.sh? It seems you're either still running AcmePHP or have some orphaned configuration directives in your Apache configuration which should be altered. If you're purely using acme.sh, it shouldn't use files in /root/.acmephp/, so you should find, check and alter (or delete if they aren't useful) those references to /root/.acmephp/ in your Apache configuration file(s).

Unless you've made acme.sh somehow use the directory of acmePHP.. Which would be rather confusing.

Sorry I’ve just edited my initial post as I have made some progress since. I didn’t notice the error were pointing at acme.php and not acme.sh.

I have removed acme.php and restored a backup of my acme.sh, but a bit reluctant to try renew again.

website is back up currently and will try a renew in a min…

I can’t find any reference to acme.php in any of my apache files deleting the acme.php folder did the trick though. I couldn’t find any info on removing acme.php not even from the acme.php github

daren

Renew certs worked this time and the apache server restarted ok, so releived, now need to do a better clean up of apache.php. I wasn’t expecting the acme.sh renew to kill acme.php and drop the webserver.

Thanks again for your quick response

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.