Can't force renew certificate

I was able to force renew my certificate in June. Now when I issue command:

/usr/bin/dehydrated -c --force -d foo.com

I get the error:

ERROR: Problem connecting to server (get for https://acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/directory; curl returned with 60)

Is it because the root certificate DST Root CA X3 expired and now I can't connect to the acme website?

What do I have to do to renew my certificate. I have slackware and updated curl but that did not help.

What kind of operating system the dehydrated software is running and what is the version of the OS?

1 Like

The OS is Slackware 14.1.
It is based on linux.

Try updating your ca-certificates package. The ca-certificates-20211005-noarch-1_slack14 package contains the ISRG Root X1 certificate, which seems to be missing from your system.

1 Like

Thank you for your help.
I am having difficulty installing the packge. When I try

slackpkg install ca-certificates-20211005-noarch-1_slack14

I get the message:

"The package list is missing.
Before you install|upgrade|reinstall anything you need to run:

# slackpkg update"

I've done that.

What's the current version of ca-certificates on your system? ca-certificates-20130906-noarch-1 by any chance?

Because when I search for ca-certificates for Slackware 14.1, I get two results: The Slackware Linux Project: Packages An ancient version and a recent version. But the "location" of the recent version is "patches/packages", whatever that may be. Maybe you need to enable "patches" first? (I don't have the slightest clue about Slackware... Didn't even know it still existed..)

1 Like

How about just?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.