My web server is (include version):

nginx 1.12.1

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

Debian 8

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

Zare

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):

yes

(I have ipv4 and ipv6 on my vps and in the resolve.conf i use google dns (ipv4 and ipv6))

Thanks in advance to all!

Hi @lor54,

Does your webserver have working internet connectivity to the outside world? Does curl google.com work as expected?

Yes, it works if I do curl acme-v01.api.letsencrypt.org too. @cpu

@schoen Do you know what this ZeroReturnError might be in the context of Certbot reaching out to the ACME directory?

@cpu, this is an error generated from inside of OpenSSL which has something to do with a problem reading or writing on a TLS socket that has already been shut down by a TLS disconnection. It’s not related to any previously-known Certbot bugs, as far as I’m aware.

This still makes me wonder if this machine is making outbound HTTPS connections through some kind of proxy or firewall that has the ability to interfere with them for some reason.

It would be good to see the logs from /var/log/letsencrypt to try to find out what Certbot was trying to do at that point — but I’m afraid it’s probably just going to be the initial GET on the directory.

@cpu @schoen Thanks for the information, this is the log.
https://pastebin.com/SZVdGzLK

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.