Can I issue a certificate with these perameters

I’m trying to figure out if I can generate a certificate in a specific way and I was hoping y’all might be able to help.

• I need the certificate to be X.509 with any intermediate and root certs.
  • Needs to be a UCC that can contain two wildcard domains.

I’m hoping I can generate this with Let’s Encrypt. Thanks for any help.

All Let's Encrypt certificates are X.509.

UCC, as far as I know, is just a Microsoft-ism for a certificate with multiple domain names. Let's Encrypt certificates can have upto 100 names, so it checks that box as well.

In order to generate wildcard certificates (and renew them automatically), you will need to use DNS validation. This means you will need to select a Let's Encrypt/ACME client that supports DNS validation, and your domains will need to use a DNS hosting provider that is supported by them.

Who is the DNS hosting provider for your two domains? Or do you run your own nameservers, and if so, what is the nameserver software you use?

You will get the intermediate with your certificate, but there is typically no need to get the root certificate as well - it is automatically determined by clients who connect. For what purpose do you need it? Which server software will you use this certificate with?

5 Likes

Hi @_TWG,

There are several Windows clients listed at https://letsencrypt.org/docs/client-options/ that should be able to help you out.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.