Automatic renewal

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: synology

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

I received your email to remind me of the expiry date on 12Nov However I understand it will renew automatically and not necessary to do it manually. Synology also advised me it will be renewed automatically before 30days of expiry, 12Nov. I don’t understand if it will be renewed automatically, why email to renew

Hi and welcome to the community!

Is this the first renewal for that cert?
What is the domain on the email?
What is the domain you are using on the Synology?

[&2* readers: Get involved; Be heard. It starts with: if you read something you like, then like it :heart:]

1 Like

Thanks your response This is a second time to renew. Last time I did the renewal by manual and then something wrong after renewal. I consulted with Synology and they advised me to renew automatically.
Mine is jkttjun. Synology
Regards
J Kihara

iPhoneから送信

1 Like

I can't resolve that domain.
Please spell is out completely.
[don't run your reply through a translator]

READERS: Get involved; Be heard. Do your part, it starts with: if you read something you like, then like it :heart:

1 Like

Sorry
jktt.synology.me

J Kihara

iPhoneから送信

1 Like

You had three certs issued on the same day 2020-08-15, and they will expire on 2020-11-13.
See: https://crt.sh/?q=jktt.synology.me
Since none have been renewed, the email warning is correct.
I don't know if Synology renews their certs automatically.
We can try to look into that with:
sudo ps -ef | grep -Ei 'apache|httpd|nginx'
OR
sudo netstat -pant | grep -i listen
and maybe also:
crontab -l

READERS: Get involved. Be heard. Do your part, it starts with: If you read something you like; then like it :heart: !

Thank you for your support. I will contact Synology.
When I renewed it manually last time, something went wrong and therefore there are three.
I have no idea how to solve the problem but can I simply delete two of three?
J Kihara

2020年10月24日(土) 15:59 Rudy Gomez via Let's Encrypt Community Support <letsencrypt@discoursemail.com>:

1 Like

No, there is no need to delete anything.
You got three but only use one.
Each is replaced by the next, so only one remains in your Synology.

READERS: Get involved. Be heard. Do your part, it starts with: If you read something you like; then like it :heart: !

Is it possible to renew manually and I think two of three will automatically being invalid without renewal

J Kihara

2020年10月24日(土) 15:59 Rudy Gomez via Let's Encrypt Community Support <letsencrypt@discoursemail.com>:

If you can renew manually, do so before it expires.
Then speak with Synology to see how the renewal process can be automated.

1 Like

I understand it but do I need to renew manually or simply wait till automatic renewal?
Regards
J Kihara

2020年10月24日(土) 16:25 Rudy Gomez via Let's Encrypt Community Support <letsencrypt@discoursemail.com>:

1 Like

OK I will do it
Thanks for your kind support
Regards
J Kihara

2020年10月24日(土) 16:32 Rudy Gomez via Let's Encrypt Community Support <letsencrypt@discoursemail.com>:

3 Likes

Automatic renewal should have already happened.
Thus the reason for the email warning.
You should renew manually now.
And speak with Synology about having it renew automatically in the future.

2 Likes

OK
Thanks
J Kihara

2020年10月24日(土) 16:46 Rudy Gomez via Let's Encrypt Community Support <letsencrypt@discoursemail.com>:

3 Likes

Today Automat Update was done this Morning
Thank you fir your support
J Kihara

iPhoneから送信

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.