Automatic Let's Encrypt renewal for mixtapecovers.net was attempted and failed

Automatic Let’s Encrypt renewal for mixtapecovers.net was attempted and failed.
This certificate expires on 2017-10-23 17:01:00 -0400 EDT.

Unable to renew certificate: The Let’s Encrypt HTTP challenge failed: acme error ‘urn:acme:error:unauthorized’: In

Could there be a problem with my httacess file code below

Beginning

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTPS} off
RewriteRule (.*) https://%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI}

php_value upload_max_filesize 64M
php_value post_max_size 64M
php_value max_execution_time 300
php_value max_input_time 300

BEGIN WPSuperCache

END WPSuperCache

BEGIN WordPress

RewriteEngine On RewriteBase / RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteRule . /index.php [L]

END WordPress

Can you provide the full error output you got? It looks like it got cut off.

Automatic Let’s Encrypt renewal for mixtapecovers.net was attempted and failed.
This certificate expires on 2017-10-23 17:01:00 -0400 EDT.

Unable to renew certificate: The Let’s Encrypt HTTP challenge failed: acme error ‘urn:acme:error:unauthorized’: Invalid response from http://mixtapecovers.net/.well-known/acme-challenge/3Y22lbFbQrT5op1oKlbTYrlhioHcbaF_l-TtWdVJI_g: "

<meta char"

It could be a problem with your rewrite rule. You need to maintain the configuration so that when you put a file in /.well-known/acme-challenge under your document root directory (as previously specified to the Let’s Encrypt client), that same file’s contents will get served on your web site at that location.

What’s the easiest way to go about fixing this? I know how to edit the htaccess file but what should i put in or remove?

I am not particularly familiar with mod_rewrite so I don’t know how to suggest fixing this if this is indeed the problem. My first suggestion would be "learn mod_rewrite". :slight_smile: (or, start a new topic here about how to make Apache RewriteRule exceptions?)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.