AuthorizationError: Incomplete authorizations - Server says 403

Logs posted on the other thread :wink:

Thanks,
Nico

Hi,

Solved for me too. It was because my challenge file was containing a \n at the end of the challenge. Creating the challenge in this way, recommended by pfg:

echo -n “challenge” > .well-known/acme-challenge/challenge-file

solved the issue.

Best regards,
Nico

1 Like

Hi @nicocolt,

Glad to see that you solved it. Anyway, when using the manual plugin, you will see that letsencrypt-auto says how you should create this challenge file using printf.

Example:

Make sure your web server displays the following content at
http://domain.tld/.well-known/acme-challenge/D328kA2iUWWhJOUbrlJB5MdQV97c3HzsocJGn6IJZHI before continuing:

D328kA2iUWWhJOUbrlJB5MdQV97c3HzsocJGn6IJZHI.D_MC3DnqXbTINlVCWQ8HHy3ctV3W6qrb6z-Rl6q7KrI

Content-Type header MUST be set to text/plain.

If you don't have HTTP server configured, you can run the following
command on the target server (as root):

mkdir -p /tmp/letsencrypt/public_html/.well-known/acme-challenge
cd /tmp/letsencrypt/public_html
printf "%s" D328kA2iUWWhJOUbrlJB5MdQV97c3HzsocJGn6IJZHI.D_MC3DnqXbTINlVCWQ8HHy3ctV3W6qrb6z-Rl6q7KrI > .well-known/acme-challenge/D328kA2iUWWhJOUbrlJB5MdQV97c3HzsocJGn6IJZHI

You can use
echo -n "challengetext" > path_to_acme_challenge/challengefile
as you did, or
printf "%s" "challengetext" > path_to_acme_challenge/challengefile
both commands will create the right file without carriage returns nor line feeds.

Cheers,
sahsanu

1 Like

Ok sorry for my misunderstanding, you’re right it’s already write with printf :flushed:

it’s my mistake

Many thanks,
Best regards,
Nico

It’s worth mentioning that trailing line breaks will hopefully soon be ignored on the server-side by boulder, so people won’t be running into this one for much longer. Credits to @kelunik for fixing this here.

It still needs to be patched in the client’s self-verify code AFAIK.

2 Likes

good news indeed :smile:

Thanks pfg,
Best regards,
Nico

cheers @pfg thanks for heads up !