API failure (429, Too Many Requests)

I'm facing this issue today
API failure: Net::ACME2::x::HTTP::Protocol: The response to the HTTP “HEAD” request from “https://acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/acme/new-nonce” indicated an error (429, Too Many Requests):

It seems you are making requests to fast. Please read the rate limit docs Rate Limits - Let's Encrypt

Specific to you is

The “new-nonce”, “new-account”, “new-order”, and “revoke-cert” endpoints on the API have an Overall Requests limit of 20 per second. The “/directory” endpoint and the “/acme” directory & subdirectories have an Overall Requests limit of 40 requests per second.

2 Likes

You might also be encountering a temporary, stricter rate limit described in this thread (that's the same Perl module cPanel uses): New certs failed with "A rate limit prevents DCV"

3 Likes

Please tell me when Rate limits will reset.
I have also try on that server which server have only one domain this is not possible on that server 20 request per second.

As far as I know, that specific rate limit doesn't really have a window for when the rate limit is in effect. Just slow down the amount of requests per second and you're good to go.

1 Like

At this time I have disable SSL from WHM, I will try to enable lets encrypt SSL after 24 hours.

This is due to a special rate limit that LE applied to Perl’s Net::ACME2 after they saw a spike in requests once the old DST root expired. Once that root expired, OpenSSL on those cPanel boxes interpreted every Let’s Encrypt certificate as expired, which caused cPanel’s AutoSSL to request reissuance.

cPanel shipped an autofixer last night that should have “tamed the beast”. An update to AutoSSL’s Let’s Encrypt plugin is also forthcoming that will fix the issue for new certificate requests.

2 Likes

I have see cPanel article and also run that commands provided in that article, its mean I need to wait for cPanel update, cPanel team will fix this issue as soon as possible.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.