Apache2/Ubuntu 16.04

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better.

My domain is: danbailey.net

I ran this command: sudo letsencrypt run -d danbailey.net -d www.danbailey.net -d consulting.danbailey.net --apache -vvv

It produced this output: The apache plugin is not working; there may be problems with your existing configuration.
The error was: PluginError((‘There has been an error in parsing the file (%s): %s’, u’/etc/apache2/sites-available/default’, u’Syntax error’),)

My operating system is (include version): Ubuntu 16.04

My web server is (include version): Apache/2.4.18 (Ubuntu)

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Digital Ocean

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): Yes.

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): No.

Here’s the contents of my .log file:

2017-02-19 19:36:14,702:DEBUG:letsencrypt.cli:letsencrypt version: 0.4.1
2017-02-19 19:36:14,709:DEBUG:letsencrypt.cli:Arguments: [’-d’, ‘danbailey.net’, ‘-d’, ‘www.danbailey.net’, ‘-d’, ‘consulting.danbailey.net’, ‘–apache’, ‘-vvv’]
2017-02-19 19:36:14,723:DEBUG:letsencrypt.cli:Discovered plugins: PluginsRegistry(PluginEntryPoint#apache,PluginEntryPoint#webroot,PluginEntryPoint#null,PluginEntryPoint#manual,PluginEntryPoint#standalone)
2017-02-19 19:36:14,737:DEBUG:letsencrypt.cli:Requested authenticator apache and installer apache
2017-02-19 19:36:15,066:DEBUG:letsencrypt.plugins.disco:Other error:(PluginEntryPoint#apache): (‘There has been an error in parsing the file (%s): %s’, u’/etc/apache2/sites-available/default’, u’Syntax error’)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/letsencrypt/plugins/disco.py”, line 103, in prepare
self._initialized.prepare()
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/letsencrypt_apache/configurator.py”, line 174, in prepare
self.check_parsing_errors(“httpd.aug”)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/letsencrypt_apache/augeas_configurator.py”, line 68, in check_parsing_errors
raise errors.PluginError(msg)
PluginError: (‘There has been an error in parsing the file (%s): %s’, u’/etc/apache2/sites-available/default’, u’Syntax error’)
2017-02-19 19:36:15,076:DEBUG:letsencrypt.display.ops:No candidate plugin
2017-02-19 19:36:15,084:DEBUG:letsencrypt.cli:Selected authenticator None and installer None

Could you post the contents of
/etc/apache2/sites-available/default please?

Hah, that was it.

<Directory /var/www/dbn/public_html>>
                Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
                AllowOverride All
                Order allow,deny
                allow from all
 </Directory>

Took out the extraneous “>” in the first line, restarted apache and everything was fine.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.