Android 7.0 step by step direction? My 1st post!

My Android is slightly newer but my Chrome is much older - and also 2021 Copyright.

Chrome: 54.0.2840.85
Legal: Copyright 2021 Google ...

You may want to set the time to year 2022 to check that text...

1 Like

Exactly!
It's just displaying whatever year this is.

1 Like

This is because your Chrome version is too old. It is recent enough so that it knows about CT, but is too old to know about any 2021 CT Log*. Hence it can't do any CT verification.

*Your Chrome version is from 2016.

3 Likes

@LaceCloud, it looks like this thread got a bit sidetracked from your original question, but as @Osiris mentioned, it's not that your phone will stop working, but that some web sites might no longer be compatible with it. That is up to the administrators of individual web sites that you use from your phone, and we don't have a list of which sites will and won't work. Unfortunately, it should be pretty apparent whether each site that you use from your phone does or doesn't work!

Most of the documentation that you're finding from Let's Encrypt here is not aimed at individual phone owners, but rather at web site administrators, so it's not really relevant to you.

One thing that I don't think anyone has mentioned in this thread yet is that there is something that you can do as an individual Android user to avoid potential problems: you can use the Mobile Firefox browser on your phone for web browsing. If you use the Google Play Store, like most Android users do, you can find it here:

When using this browser on an Android device, you won't be affected by the issue that all of this documentation is talking about.

If you find that all of the web sites you use from your phone still work fine in October, there's nothing more that you need to do—that would be a sign that you've been lucky and the people who run those sites are doing so in a way that continues to be compatible with your phone. And again, your phone as a whole will continue to work in any case.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.