Again: Accidentally unsubscribed from the expiry mails

Hi,

I unsubscribed from the Let's encrypt Expiry emails by accidentally clicking the link in the bottom of the email. We have a lot of domains on a lot of servers using Let's encrypt. I saw in an older post that you guys were able to remove an emailadres from the blacklist of receiving the expiry mails. Could that please be done for the mail office[at]ammann[dot]info as well?

This is the other post i was refering to: Regarding the re subscription for expire notification - #17 by Phil .

Kind regards,
Manuel1948

Welcome @Manuel1948

Sorry to hear that. Staff doesn't usually do that. That thread from 4 years ago may have been the most recent time they did.

Would the option described in the Unsubscribing section work for you? It's a quick and easy solution if it does.

4 Likes

To add on what Mike said:

If you have a lot of domains you should not rely on those emails. Please monitor your certificates and your acme clients properly. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Unfortunately not because this doesn't bring back notifications for already registered domains. Also we have our own mail server, so the problem is not to create an alias.

So why then this notifications are existing, if one should not rely on them.

It looks like I also should not rely on the information, that the notifications for other domains are not working anymore if I click the unsubscribe link, because this happened to me some months ago, and we still get notifications for other domains.
I just wasn't sure if someone from letsecrypt helped me to resubscribe or not.

Expiry emails are send to the email stored in the account information. If you update the email address for an account, you'll also get expiry emails for the certificates issued in the past by that account. Not only for future certs.

5 Likes

I mean see the emails as a convenience, not as a mission critical piece of monitoring infrastructure.

4 Likes

They are meant as warnings in case something goes wrong. Your renewal should be automated and ideally be done before you even get such an email.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.