Adding support for Pre-Authorization

Hi
I'm a developer at Entrust. I have been assigned to add support for pre-authorization to Certbot. According to this issue:
Add support for pre-authorizations · Issue #9767 · certbot/certbot (github.com)

Our own ACME server already supports pre-authz but I believe the Pebble server doesn't. I would appreciate it if someone could offer some help on where to start and how to go about this and also who to contact in case I need help.

Thank you

1 Like

Hello! I think the best place for Pebble interactions is on its github repo, GitHub - letsencrypt/pebble: A miniature version of Boulder, Pebble is a small RFC 8555 ACME test server not suited for a production certificate authority. - we can figure out what the best course of action is there

3 Likes

Yes, but I'm not trying to contribute to Pebble. I was just mentioning that to emphasize that our ACME server does support pre-authz for manual integration testing, even though Pebble might not. I just need some guidance for implementing pre-authz for Certbot. Like where to start and which scripts I have to modify.

Thanks

1 Like

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood. This is the forum for Let's Encrypt, who maintains Boulder and Pebble as well as operating the Let's Encrypt CA, but do not maintain Certbot.

Contribute To Certbot has a link to the EFF Mattermost with information there.

8 Likes

Ah, ok. Thanks

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.