By “merged”, I mean concatenation.
For example, TXT value for first domain ‘_acme-challenge.domain.com’ ( for ‘*.domain.com’ ) was ‘NMP7unjG-QREl8zB-GXB6uhcP2awubfQccGaKsMq8WY’
and TXT value for the second ‘_acme-challenge.domain.com’ (for ‘domain.com’ ) was ‘m2Z1snmxsfZXPGxAnIT-sNGLTe4DAw1jPVj2q5ZdBC0’
When I searched with https://www.whatsmydns.net I got this value ‘NMP7unjG-QREl8zB-GXB6uhcP2awubfQccGaKsMq8WY
But you may not find those values now as I deleted them.
Maybe this is not an issue from Let’s Encrypt’s side.
Finally, I have used HTTP-01 method for the base domain (the 2nd one) and issued Wildcard SSL. So I used both DNS-01 and HTTP-01 method.
My domain is: speedup.agency
I ran this command: This is a custom developed client written in PHP. I sent request to https://acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/acme/challenge/sKQo62ssXOzgMH3JZeFo24q5wx_Vu8T0BFiUi6n7hXU/3927080486
It produced this output: LE response was
[type] => urn:ietf:params:acme:error:malformed
[detail] => Unable to update challenge :: The challenge is not pending.
[status] => 400
My web server is (include version): Apache 2.4.29
The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): linux
My hosting provider, if applicable, is: inmotionhosting.com
I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): Yes. But this client doesn’t require root access
I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): cPanel 68.0 (build 33)