Account question

Hi all, sorry if I place it here but I have not found the right category to do it, if necessary you can move it.
I connected to my LE account that of Github, in order to use GH to log in, is it possible to delete the email address registered on LE and that I can only enter with GH?

Thanks.

1 Like

You mean your forum account? No, even if you sign up with Github, the software saves your email address separately from the integrated login.

1 Like

Yes, I mean that, the email I used to log in with. I thought that by connecting it with GH I could "remove" the old email so that GH is the only way to log in and notifications receive them even with the email connected to GH.

1 Like

Which notifications are you speaking of?

3 Likes

I signed up with Github in the first place, and this thread made me check: The forum software does not automatically update your email address when you change it on Github. You still have to change the notification email separately.

3 Likes

@maxh
Happy Birthday!

3 Likes

Hi, I was referring to the email they notify you when someone has replied to your post and so on.

1 Like

So you also have something like:

Immagine

1 Like

I think you can manually change that email at will.

2 Likes

Yes of course, I can change it manually, but what I meant was to have only GH connected and remove the other one, but I already understood that even if you connect your LE account with GH, LE is still connected with his email (even if the same to that of GH).

Thank you all for the support.

Have a good day

2 Likes

I think Discourse will explicitly ask for an email address, if you register via GitHub.

Maybe it does so because getting it automatically isn't very polite.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.