About Let's Encrypt

I agree that the certificate used between CloudFlare and your server should be different from the certificate used between the browser and CloudFlare. A Let’s Encrypt certificate can be used for the first of these.

You can use Let's Encrypt, and it's a good choice, but it would also be a good choice to use Cloudflare's Origin CA, as Osiris mentioned above.

Ok, so for the domain and all subdomains it is possible to use the same certificate, correct?

Now, in case of CDN use, each site generates 2 connections (Nebuter> CDN and CDN> Server). So in this case I have to have 2 different certificates for each subdomain:

• one certificate will encrypt the domain connection and all subdomains between Browser. CDN;
  • and the other certificate will encrypt the domain connection and all subdomains between CDN> Server.

It is?

Yes, and like said before (a thousand times…), CloudFlare will generate the appropriate certificates for the connection between the browser and the CDN.

I do not have much programming knowledge. So I want to know if it is too complex and time-consuming to configure SSL completely on my sites and install the certificate, or is it simple to do? And you have tutorial teaching the whole process that I have to do?

Detail … my site is in Wordpress, I am creating subdomains and use CDN Clouflare (free plan) without Wildcard (I create manual subdomains

I thank you.

@rodrigocs, if you’re intending to use CloudFlare for all users of your site, there is probably not a clear technical benefit to using a Let’s Encrypt certificate. No end-users will see it (they’ll only see CloudFlare’s certificate on CloudFlare’s infrastructure), and CloudFlare isn’t more secure when accessing your site via a Let’s Encrypt certificate than via a CloudFlare origin CA cert. In fact, it may be more secure using the CloudFlare origin cert instead.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.