YAAC Wrapper Needing Improvement

ever heard of something called SEO? that line is setup for SEO.
It is displayed here from the meta tag and it is not a quoting statement displayed on OUR COMPANY WEBSITE.
The community post here automatically grabs from the description meta tag and displayed it here and you are just randomly accusing on things you are not even aware of.

The biggest concern is that by your own admission, this clientwrapper as implemented on your company website violates the subscriber agreement. You're not alone in having done so. My early client implementations, which were full-blown clients and not wrappers, also violated said subscriber agreement.

3 Likes

Guess what? That page is for acquiring certificates for my own website. It is utterly incapable of acquiring certificates for any other site than griffin.software.

2 Likes

Thank you for your valuable feedback. As a senior full stack developer you can advise how to tackle this situation.

You're seriously levying a direct personal insult without a clue to that which you have referenced?

3 Likes

You started an insult directly on us in the first place before even thinking about SEO / anything else.

By immediately taking down the violating website and reporting the ACME account(s) associated with the website to the Let's Encrypt staff so that every issued certificate not associated with your own domain names can be revoked as soon as possible. That's what I did when I violated.

4 Likes

SEO is not a justification for unfounded claims. It's commonly called "false advertising". I simply questioned by whose criteria that claim was made.

3 Likes

Please keep it civil here :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Unfortunately we won't be able to know whoever used it and created an SSL.

@Osiris

Have I stated anything untrue in an insulting fashion? If so, I will edit immediately and apologize.

:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Let's Encrypt can find all associated certificates using the account number(s).

3 Likes

By account number I assume it is email address. We don't store any information in our end unfortunately. We only use it to process data and the session itself is unlinked and unset once a certificate is issued.

@Aitrex

If it seems like I'm giving you an unnecessarily hard time, I apologize. For what it's worth, @Osiris here gave me a much harder time when I first started out here... and I'm all the wiser for it. :wink:

4 Likes

Just a general reminder to everyone :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You need an ACME account in order to acquire certificates. It is represented by a URL and a private key. Please don't post/send the private key though.

3 Likes

@griffin It is ok, it is good to understand all the issues that can come up. Thank you for your feedback.
I think making the code public so that anyone can locally host and use it will be the best possible solution in regards to the security/trust issue.
However in regards to SA I am unsure about it how it operates locally.
Sorry if you felt bad.

2 Likes

Got it, thanks. As no information is saved, I won't be able to get it too.

1 Like

No worries, my friend. Your situation is more than the 200th such I've come across since I've been here. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

The wrapper written by OP might even use a single account for every cert, disposing of it every time again and again. Leading to rate limits if there are too much users at the same time.

4 Likes