Wrong request (SANs names)

Hello to All!

I’ve wrong a cert request (invalid names of some sans)!

Error:
“Error: urn:acme:error:malformed :: The request message was malformed :: Invalid character in DNS name”

I’ve seen that now I’ve to wait 7 days, ok, but I’ve to clear something on fs/files before submit the new request?

Many thanks, bye,
Roberto

You don’t have to wait 7 days, as this isn’t a rate limit issue. The error message is quite clear: there’s a invalid character in one of the hostnames you’re requesting a cert for.

Hi Osiris!
I’ve corrected invalid character and I’ve tried to send another request right after, but a new error is appeared and says:

Error: urn:acme:error:rateLimited :: There were too many requests of a given type :: Error creating new authz :: Too many currently pending authorizations.

I’ve a lot of sans in my cert request!
I’ve read on other post that it’s “mandatory” wait 7 days, but, I’m newbie, I’m on rhel7 with httpd apache “customized” by redhat and, Certbot’s documentation not cover this configuration in its examples! Any help would be appreciated!
:slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.