WooCommerce Postback fails due to Java issue?

Hi,

I’ve successfully installed a LetsEncrypt certificate for a client server who is now encountering issues with Postbacks on WooCommerce transactions running through WordPress. I have verified that the certificate was installed correctly using SSL Labs.

The error that I receive is as follows:

Error Type: Unable to connect to https://domain.tld
Error Cause: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

This appears to be a Java error, and while I’m not a Java developer, I wasn’t aware that WordPress or WooCommerce had any Java integration.

I’ve done some digging through Google, but I can’t seem to find anything related specifically to this problem. Most of this has to do with Java clients themselves having trouble. Could the payment processor be the cause?

Does anyone know where I could look to debug this issue? A push in the right direction would be much appreciated. Thanks.

EDIT: This is an issue with Java on a postback made to WooCommerce. Their version of Java does not yet support LE (which I’m not sure why, but it’s not something I can fix locally.)

Unless I'm mistaken, no version of Java includes trust for LE today, although I understand it's being pursued for future versions of Java.

Do not despair, however: Trust for LE can be added to the system truststores without upgrading Java, if you can do that or persuade someone. Failing that, it can be added in the Java code itself. I recall seeing descriptions of how to do both somewhere in these forums.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.