Wircd - install Lets encrypt on Windows 7

IRC - BrasPort

Good Morning.

After several unsuccessful attempts, I come to ask for help.

My problem is the following:

I have 2 domains and 2 IRC servers.

1º mirc.pt - irc.mirc.pt
brasport.org - irc.brasport.org

I do not know how to install Lets encrypt on Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.

Does anyone know how to do to by certificate for IRCDs?

I have port 6697 SSL enabled but the message that the mostarm scripts is is that [Certificate has expired]

I know it is possible to look at this print screen of another network irc look at the network protection at the top of the print screen [Let’s Encrypt.

I have already contacted the owner of this network, but he does not teach how he did it.

In support of the Let’s Encrypt project I created a room for live help LetsEncrypt

Thanks for any help.

Thank you.

Olá @eder.de.deus,

Let’s Encrypt certificates expire every 90 days and have to be replaced with a new certificate. Ideally, this process could be automated using client software.

There are a large number of client applications that can obtain certificates from Let’s Encrypt:

In each case, you will prove that you control the domain name by posting a file on a web server (if there isn’t an existing web server, some of the client applications can create a temporary one for this purpose) or by setting a DNS TXT record. Each of these things, depending on your configuration and software setup, can be done either automatically by a client application, or manually by you.

Several of the clients are Windows applications like win-acme; Windows users also sometimes use web-based clients where you will complete the process in your web browser, as with https://www.zerossl.com/. This is relatively easy but not convenient for automated certificate renewal.

After obtaining the new certificate (and intermediate certificate and private key), you’ll need to configure it in your ircd somehow.

Hi, thanks for the tips :slight_smile:

In my ircd it has 3 files + the certificate

server.cert.pem
server.key.pem
server.req.pem

Do you know if there is any way to redo these files?

Thank you.

Sure, if you start completely from scratch with some client application then the new certificate (hopefully bundled with the chain or intermediate certificate!) will replace server.cert.pem and the private key will replace server.key.pem. If you use Certbot or a similar client, we call these files fullchain.pem and privkey.pem, but that’s just what we chose to call them and other software may call them something different.

If you want to re-use your old private key, you can use the file server.req.pem. This file is a certificate signing request (CSR), which is a kind of document used when you want to obtain a new certificate for an existing private key. You can provide the CSR file to almost any Let’s Encrypt client (including a web-based one like ZeroSSL) and then the new certificate will be issued using your old key. In that case, you’ll only replace server.cert.pem and you’ll live server.key.pem and server.req.pem just as they are.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.