Windows 10 running zerossl getting -- access is denied

after running this:

C:\le64.exe --key C:\account_eu.key --csr C:\Apache24\conf\ssl.csr\eu_2017.csr --csr-key C:\Apache24\conf\ssl.key\eu_2017.key --crt C:\Apache24\conf\ssl.crt\eu_2017.crt --domains “www.mydomain.eu,mydomain.eu” --path “D:\mydomain\www.well-known\acme-challenge” --generate-missing --unlink --issue-code 100 --renew 10 --live

I am getting this Windows 10 prompt over the screen:

This app can’t run on your PC
To find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher.

and after clicking Close the error reads:

OpenGL Warning: crPixelCopy3D: simply crMemcpy’ing from srcPtr to dstPtr
Access is denied

Is this a Remote Desktop problem?

I remember you saying in another thread that it was working fine, so I’d imagine there must be something very different about this run, especially that you mentioned Remote Desktop. Are you running Win 10 as a VirtualBox guest or something? Also are you sure it’s 64 bit version of Windows (yes, surprisingly it might be not the case)? If it isn’t, then 32 bit client might work for you there. The application itself has no use for OpenGL, so the latter error likely comes from the corrupted drivers for example.

Also check http://www.thewindowsclub.com/this-app-cant-run-on-your-pc and https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/this-app-cant-run-on-your-pc-solved/ (there are also some youtube videos related to this specific error - “This app can’t run on your PC”).

(Sorry for not having included more details on my setup.) :flushed:

I am running Ubuntu (as host) which is running Windows 10 (as client). Connecting to Windows 10 is via Remote Desktop from other Windows 10 system.

What is strange is that I was able to run le64.exe several times without a glitch; and this for several domains. After trying everything thinkable to get it to work again, I decided to download the exe file again, and see-see, it works again. Very strange. :slight_smile:

Glad it worked. I agree that it is strange indeed, and considering there were also OpenGL error messages, there is a chance that something might be running there that corrupts files (such as drivers and executables).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.