Will renewal stop the web service?

during the certificate renewal will stop the website service please let me know.

Hi @ayuraza, and welcome to the LE community forum :slight_smile:

I've moved your post to its' own topic.

Please take the time to answer the following questions, so that we may help you better.

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

3 Likes

With so little information, the only answer can be: maybe.

2 Likes

--standalone option does, otherwise not.
it may restart your webserver if your deploy hook ordered to do so. (it should use reload if it can)

3 Likes

Some plugins might restart the web service.
[not sure if that counts as a "stop" to you]

--webroot would be the one that surely doesn't stop it.

That said, you might have --deploy-hooks enabled that restart/reload the web service.
[again here, not sure here if that counts as a "stop" to you]

3 Likes

Domain Name: deep.bluecallom.com and many more
I have scheduled the renew of website in task scheduler but its not renew the certificate
and if renew the cerificate manually will it stop the website serivce...

It depends on how the cert was obtained and how you plan or renewing manually.

We are wearing blindfolds and you are on the other side of the world asking what we see...

What is in the ACME client logs?

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.