Why am i getting this error?

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: refferingcenter.com

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

An unexpected error occurred: Error creating new order :: too many certificates (5) already issued for this exact set of domains in the last 168 hours: *.refferingcenter.com,refferingcenter.com, retry after 2023-04-05T00:29:50Z: see Duplicate Certificate Limit - Let's Encrypt

Why the error? Because you have exceeded the rate limit for identically named certs in one week. See the Duplicate Cert link in the message you showed.

If that isn't clear enough please provide more details

Your cert history:
https://crt.sh/?q=refferingcenter.com&deduplicate=Y

4 Likes

for how long will it take for me to be free with that error..... Thanks alot

That's also covered in the documentation mentioned in the error message.

But better even: please use one of the previously issued certificates.

3 Likes

You need to provide more info. Your domain is using HTTPS and a valid cert. Your test results from SSL Labs gives you an A rating (link here)

Your domain is using the most recently issued cert. Why do you keep requesting certs when you already have one working?

The design of your system is probably wrong but we can't advise without more info on why you are requesting so many certs.

3 Likes

i was new to the service its why i did more than 5 times not knowing about the error i got with my certificate

You should use the staging system when testing. But, for now you have a cert good for 90 days and recommended to renew with 30 days before expiry.

5 Likes

ok thanks let me wait for the specified time in my error message

What are you waiting for? Your domain is responding properly to HTTPS requests right now (see SSL Labs report link I provided earlier)

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.