What can i do about people hacking/redirecting my domains even with ssl

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: hotpiesthemannextdoor.com

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

1 Like

In order for us to help answer your question, we'll need to know much more detail about what problems you're having.

6 Likes

Your domain doesn't seem to point to a website so that's probably the first problem (although cleverly it's also a great way to stop people hacking your website).

4 Likes

Indeed: Clever.
[Pointing the name servers to systems that don't know anything about your domain]

nslookup -q=ns hotpiesthemannextdoor.com c.gtld-servers.net
hotpiesthemannextdoor.com       nameserver = ns1.dns-parking.com
hotpiesthemannextdoor.com       nameserver = ns2.dns-parking.com

nslookup -q=ns hotpiesthemannextdoor.com ns1.dns-parking.com
*** UnKnown can't find hotpiesthemannextdoor.com: Query refused

nslookup -q=ns hotpiesthemannextdoor.com ns2.dns-parking.com
*** UnKnown can't find hotpiesthemannextdoor.com: Query refused
4 Likes

SSL/TLS just makes sure hackers are hacking your server through a secure connection. It does not prevent it in any way.

5 Likes

A new analogy for the new year!

You can get security envelopes :email: printed with a pattern to make it harder to see through the envelope and read the letter inside. You can also—although people tend to use it less these days—seal an envelope with a wax seal to make it harder for someone to open the envelope and read the contents or even modify them.

Still, someone can send you a letter in a security envelope (or with a wax seal) whose contents are a scam, or lies, or counterfeit. The envelope did protect the delivery process, at least somewhat, against the postal system, but it doesn't necessarily mean that the material inside the envelope is true or well-intentioned.

6 Likes

I AM the prince of Nigeria. The fact that my email reached you via an unbroken chain of SSL transfers proves it to be true. Now send me money and I will make you rich.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.