What are the configurations need to change for implementing OpenSSL

Can we us this for Oracle ?

Is we need to change any configuration?

WE are facing issue. Inactive sessions are increasing rapidly.

Please help us.

Is there any isue with certificate.

Please provide the steps.

Any update on this.

please respond people

@Rakesh, your questions appear vague to me and I suspect that might be why people haven’t been able to answer.

OpenSSL is a library that performs cryptographic operations. It’s installed on many Unix systems automatically and is used by a very wide range of software. “Implementing OpenSSL” doesn’t seem like a specific task or goal that makes sense to me. And then you also asked “Can we use this for Oracle?” but I didn’t understand what “this” is, or which particular Oracle software you were referring to (like the Oracle DBMS or some other Oracle software).

Do you think you could describe your software environment more concretely, and also ask a more specific question about what you’re trying to accomplish?

Dear Schoen,

We created openssl certificates (root,intermediate and user certificate) and imported into Oracle wallet Manager in 10.1.3 Home.

This is the recent modification we did. But now in database side INACTIVE sessions are increasing more.

Is there any server level / database level/ application level modifications need to be done for the open SSL ???

Java/ JVM out of memory error and many errors are framing in the error logs.

Is there any restriction like…Only this much number of users can able to connect through OPEN SSL???

Please provide the openssl support number.

Please respond.

Hi Rakesh,

I think you may have misidentified the software involved in some way. If you used OpenSSL to create your certificates, that doesn’t mean that the OpenSSL software is necessarily used in an ongoing way in your database. There is a difference between software that creates a certificate, a certificate authority that issues a certificate, and an implementation of cryptographic functionality in a server application (possibly among other things).

If you’re finding that the Oracle database server is less reliable or less available after importing a certificate to enable secure connections, the support contact that I would suggest getting in touch with is Oracle’s support, rather than a certificate authority (like Let’s Encrypt—you didn’t say whether or not you were somehow using a certificate issued by Let’s Encrypt as opposed to a self-signed certificate) or OpenSSL.

It is possible that enabling TLS-protected connections to a database might use more CPU or memory resources, but this isn’t usually expected to be a significant impact with modern hardware and software.

you should contact oracle support for this.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.