Web Hosting who support Let's Encrypt

One thing I liked about “support” is it implies that your hosting provider will help you if you have a problem obtaining/renewing/using your Let’s Encrypt certificate. I do think I like “integrate” better, but I still think this is an important criterion.

You can eliminate a lot of what we wouldn’t consider to be true integrations with this simple criterion. For example, GoDaddy probably won’t help me use gethttpsforfree.com with their CSR, so they would easily fail.

Also, I’m not aware of GoDaddy actively blocking ACME validation in the past? Does somebody have a source for that?

There are lots of forum and blog posts on the Internet from GoDaddy customers who have successfully used clients like acme.sh and web-based clients with various GoDaddy products. AFAIK nothing has changed recently.

I was going to Be Bold and add them to No Planned Support since there seems to be no interest in loosening the criteria, but then I realized the bit about them blocking ACME validation before didn’t match my memory.

EDIT: I found a good link to use so I went ahead and added them anyway. I left off anything about them blocking ACME validation before; if it is corroborated I’ll add it.

I personally want to merge Full Support & Regular Support… (since the only way to identify if the hosting provider makes automatic redirection from http to https is to signup & test…)
Also, want to remove No Support since almost all hosting providers would help (allow) customer to install a certificate to their website.

Thus, make the list only include who Integrate Let’s Encrypt.

What’s your opinion?

Thanks

What if the Source link were required to contain this information? I don’t think that is an unreasonable request to be “featured” on such a popular list.

We don’t seem to be doing too bad:

• Antagonist - confirmed in source
  • Domaineshop - confirmed in source
  • EasyStore - confirmed in source
  • GitHub Pages - contradicted by source (this one’s actually my fault, they enable LE by default but do not redirect by default)
  • Inspedium Corp. - not confirmed by source
  • Manitu - confirmed by source
  • Neocities - confirmed by source
  • Netsite - contradicted by source (claims manual enablement is required)
  • Pride Tech Design - confirmed by source
  • Shopify - contradicted by source (manual enablement required; also my fault haha)
  • Squarespace - possibly contradicted by source (it’s unclear but Insecure appears to be the default setting)
  • Tumblr - contradicted by source (guess who?)
  • VIPserv - contradicted by source
  • Webdock - confirmed by source
  • Weebly - contradicted by source (requires manual enablement)
  • WordPress - confirmed by source

EDIT: this list was revised as I contacted the hosting providers.

I’ll move the ones with contradictory information in the sources as soon as I hit Reply. Tomorrow I’ll reach out to the two unconfirmed ones & Squarespace and give them a chance to clarify on their help pages or blogs, unless someone with a fancy email address ending would prefer to.

I think this section really helps keep people from asking repeatedly about providers that have no support, and would hate to see it go.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I have now reached out to Inspedium Corp. and Squarespace asking them to update their confirmation links or provide a new one that confirms their eligibility for Full Support status. (On double-checking the translation, I found that manitu did indicate that they redirect and updated my earlier analysis.)

I set a deadline for next Friday, August 3 in my communication. If they aren’t updated by then, feel free to demote these two providers to Regular Support status.

Did you mean August 3?

I did. Fixed, thanks!

I did write August in my e-mails thankfully. :flushed:

Inspedium Corp has now updated their source link.

Dear T.C.

Thank you for your email.

We have installed SSL certificates on all existing hosted accounts and have been:

1. Installing SSL Certificates on all new hosting accounts automatically, without any manual action required by users.

2. Enabling and redirecting to HTTPS for all new hosted accounts created on our servers.

Did not realize that the information was not clearly stated on the page https://www.inspedium.com/web-hosting/free-ssl/

Have updated the page to include that information right in the header of the page.

Please do let me know if anything further is needed.

Warm Regards,

[REDACTED]

Sent using my mobile device.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Just talked to 1&1 support team, confirmed that 1&1 does have 1 certificate free for each customer, but it’s provided by GeoTrust. (7/29/2018)

Hi,

@ryankekos Please provide me a post/page that states automatic issue let’s encrypt certificate in order for me to add gearhost to the list…

@hcsAU Please provide me a post/page that states automatic issue let’s encrypt certificate in order for me to add happycloudsolutions to the list…

@sideservers Please renew the certificate from your website first, then provide me a post/page that states automatic issue let’s encrypt certificate in order for me to add sideservers to the list…

@mritzmann Although there’s let’s encrypt on the source page, there is no place mentions LE is automatically requested & renewed… Please add that to the page and provide me the link in order for me to add snowflake back.

@f1mktsol We need more details… Please add at least one page that states Let’s Encrypt is supported for free & automatically then provide me the link…

@jmsperu Please provide me a post/page that states automatic issue let’s encrypt certificate (other than order page) in order for me to add xcobeanto the list…

@ITfee Hosteurope was not on the list because you would need to pay in order to get a certificate / it’s not automatically issued & renewed.

@alephion Added

@iamdaveaskew Please provide me a post/page that states automatic issue & renew of let’s encrypt certificate in order for me to add apexhosting to the list…

@nicevps Please provide me a post/page that states automatic issue & renew of let’s encrypt certificate (apart from order page) in order for me to add nocevps’s webhosting to the list…

Thank you

Hi,

@Legotan Please provide me a post/page that states automatic issue & renew of let’s encrypt certificate in order for me to add rehost to the list…

@afreire Please provide me a post/page that states automatic issue & renew of let’s encrypt certificate in order for me to add dinahosting to the list…

@idebil Please provide me a post/page that states automatic issue & renew of let’s encrypt certificate in order for me to add idebil to the list…

@centurio Please provide me a post/page that states automatic issue & renew of let’s encrypt certificate & automatic redirect to httos in order for me to add webbeam to the list…

@bhaubert flywheel Added.

@pmjcreations Please provide me a post/page that states automatic issue & renew of let’s encrypt certificate in order for me to add host my website online to the list…

@tamvodopad Please provide me a post/page that states automatic issue & renew of let’s encrypt certificate in order for me to add timeweb to the list…

@itssri We only add providers to the list if they are Shared Hosting Providers, Vultr only offers VPS, hense it will not on the list

@SocialStrata_Inc Hi, We are looking for providers who support let’s encrypt automatically or from control panel, submit a ticket to activate is not considered automatically

@SeedVPS We will only add a provider to the list if they support automatically request & renew of let’s encrypt certificates on shared hosting…

Thank you

Hi,

@lancer Please provide me a post/page that states automatic issue & renew of let’s encrypt certificate in order for me to add nelsahost to the list…

@ITI Please provide me a post/page that states automatic issue & renew of let’s encrypt certificate in order for me to add canadiandomainregistry to the list…

@ppmt Indeed, however since ifastnet KB doesn’t even support https, i’m suspecting… (not to mention the screenshot is from byethost)

@stinpriza Sorry, but the site is marked as Infected… and being blocked by my firewall…

@JeffBrown Please provide me a post/page that states automatic issue & renew of let’s encrypt certificate in order for me to add scoop.host to the list… (P.S. there’s no pricing…)

@niranjan Please provide me a post/page that states automatic issue & renew of let’s encrypt certificate in order for me to add relatehost to the list…

@ryanshripat ifc hosting added…

@gsperry Please provide me a post/page that states automatic issue & renew of let’s encrypt certificate in order for me to add xmission to the list…

@CharlesWorks Please provide me a post/page that states automatic issue & renew of let’s encrypt certificate in order for me to add charlesworks to the list… (P.S. there is NO order page!!)

@Wavpro First of all, the domain is a free domain (owned by freenom), please at least upgrade to a paid domain so your site won’t suddenly disappear. next, please provide me a post/page that states automatic issue & renew of let’s encrypt certificate in order for me to add hugespace to the list…

Thank you

Hi,

@webhosting1st Please provide me a post/page that states automatic issue & renew of let’s encrypt certificate in order for me to add webhosting1st to the list…

@nicolas.john Added.

@futureweb Hi, your site is pending removal from list… Please provide me a post/page that states automatic issue & renew of let’s encrypt certificate & redirection to https in order to keep up in the list.

@JulNadeauCA Hi, install via command line does not qualify to be on the list… Sorry

@kundan1429 Hi, Install upon request does not qualify to be on the list, it will need to be automatic… Sorry

@grhm Hi, although the process is complex, i’ll still add that to the full support list.

@Wurpe Added, thanks. (Wish you’ll provide me a post/page that states automatic issue & renew of let’s encrypt certificate)

@Web_HostingUK Please provide me a post/page that states automatic issue & renew of let’s encrypt certificate in order for me to add web hosting ukto the list… (We do not expect install via command line is the only option)

@jsjosiah Please provide me a post/page that states automatic issue & renew of let’s encrypt certificate in order for me to add website - hosting to the list…

@volschin Updated, thank you!

Thank you

Hi,

@mimakolch Hi, but there’s no referrence on the products page, please also update those pages in order for me to add you on the list…

@Limenex Added. Thanks

@MatthiasMerkel In order for us (at least me) to add your hosting to the list, you would need a page on the site stating “autoissuing and redirecting to HTTPS”. Please notify me when you added & provide me the link to this information.

Thank you

P.S. sorry for the bulk @ and reply… somehow i could only mention 10 people per post… so this’s my way to bypass it…

sorry, but there’s something wrong with your firewall probably. site is
certainly NOT infected.

Hello,

in this tutorial I have showed how to install Let’s Encrypt certificate in our panel (directadmin):

https://www.webhosting1st.com/clientarea/plugin/support_manager/knowledgebase/view/5/how-can-i-install-let-s-encrypt-free-ssl-certificate/1/

@stevenzhu Here is the page you requested:

Thank you.

my sites are hosted on ifasnet and they all have https activated. They take care of creating the Let’sEncrypt certificate and even renew them automatically. I think ByetHost and Ifasnet are the same company or at least sister companies,