Vendor cannot create SSL for our organization

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: naeyc.org

I ran this command: our vendor is trying to create an SSL for us

It produced this output: There were too many requests of a given type :: Error creating new order :: too many certificates already issued for "naeyc.org". Retry after 2023-02-27T19:00:00Z: see Rate Limits - Let's Encrypt

My web server is (include version): they manage the server, we do not have access to it.

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Mojo Helpdesk

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): I dont know

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): no

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot): no sure

Mojo is trying to create an SSL for us but keeps getting the above message. After using the crt.sh tools we find that someone is trying to create certs within your system without our permissions. We use a wildcard SSL from GoDaddy for our domains and subdomain without issues. How can we stop this from happening in your system?

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @naeyc, and welcome to the LE community forum :slight_smile:

Maybe the vendor should be asking for help.

Trying to get certs is not the problem.
[that can, and does, happen quite often]

The problem, as shown, is that too many certs have recently been issued.
Which can only be done with proper authorisation.

That said, your site is behind Cloudfalre CDN.
[which can also be using LE certs to secure your site (on your behalf)]

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.