ValueError: fromutc: dt.tzinfo is not self

Error Stack

2017-05-17 03:13:44,779:DEBUG:certbot.main:Exiting abnormally:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/bin/certbot”, line 11, in
load_entry_point(‘certbot==0.12.0’, ‘console_scripts’, ‘certbot’)()
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/certbot/main.py”, line 896, in main
return config.func(config, plugins)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/certbot/main.py”, line 685, in certonly
should_get_cert, lineage = _find_cert(config, domains, certname)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/certbot/main.py”, line 227, in _find_cert
action, lineage = _find_lineage_for_domains_and_certname(config, domains, certname)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/certbot/main.py”, line 243, in _find_lineage_for_domains_and_certname
return _find_lineage_for_domains(config, domains)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/certbot/main.py”, line 216, in _find_lineage_for_domains
return _handle_identical_cert_request(config, ident_names_cert)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/certbot/main.py”, line 154, in _handle_identical_cert_request
if renewal.should_renew(config, lineage):
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/certbot/renewal.py”, line 259, in should_renew
if lineage.should_autorenew(interactive=True):
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/certbot/storage.py”, line 917, in should_autorenew
now = pytz.UTC.fromutc(datetime.datetime.utcnow())
ValueError: fromutc: dt.tzinfo is not self

Auto renew failed for our static and media subs and having a very difficult time renewing them or creating new CSR/SSL on server.

Anyone seen this error previously when trying to generate a cert and have any ideas?

Thanks.

Hi @TGS,

I haven’t seen this error before and I believe I wrote that particular line of code in Certbot, so I would be curious to get to the bottom of it if you’re interested in trying some more experiments.

You should be able to renew a specific certificate without triggering this particular line of code by:

① running certbot certificates and noting the name of the specific certificate that you want to renew

② running certbot certonly --force-renew --cert-name name-that-you-noted-before

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.