Unexplained SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER if specified NameVirtualHost

Hi everyone,

I’ve successfully installed LetEncryp and I issued my certificate for several domain names.

I have a vhost for each domain and I selected to make all request secure (everything redirect to the https://)

Everything is OK with a wildcard vhost, like this:
<VirtualHost *:80>
and this:
<VirtualHost *:443>

But browsers raise an SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER if I specified the vhost like that:
<VirtualHost mysite.com:80>
<VirtualHost mysite.com:443>

Do someone understand why it’s not working with a specified NameVirtualHost ?

I look forward to hearing from you.

I don’t know why you’re getting that error, but I’m more interested in the why you would want such a configuration?

I’ve got all my name based virtual hosts behind a wild card vhost. That’s the way name-based virtual hosts are supposed to work.

Hi Osiris,

I’d like to specified my vhost name/IP address because I want them to fallback to the 000-default.conf vhost.

Currently, the don’t necessarily fallback to 000-default.conf because I may have a vhost which take precedence. So, let’s say I’m trying to reach fr.mysite.com whom vhost doesn’t exist, I will have Apache launch another random website (in my vhost list).

That said, there may be a fix to this issue and that will solve my need to specify the vhost names…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.