Unable to install SSL on *.co.place similar domains

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:*.co.place

I ran this command: using lets encrypt plugin and click on issue button

It produced this output:

Version:0.9 StartHTML:-1 EndHTML:-1 StartFragment:0000000126 EndFragment:0000001110 1.Error issuing certificate
2.Failed to issue certificate
3.Updating challenge for ***.co.place: acme: error code 400 “urn:ietf:params:acme:error:dns”: DNS problem: SERVFAIL looking up CAA for co.place (order URL: https://acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/acme/order/41607584/58008110)

My web server is (include version): Apache 2.4

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): cloudlinux 6.10

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): cPanel

Is co.place your domain? The DNS is misconfigured.

co.place.               86400   IN      NS      dns1.lifetime.hosting.
co.place.               86400   IN      NS      dns2.lifetime.hosting.

The nameservers respond with REFUSED (no such zone) for queries for the name co.place.. They respond correctly-ish for third level domains like, as a random example, flightopedia.co.place..

If it's your domain, you should fix it. If it's your provider's domain, you should ask them to fix it.

If you have access to the DNS for your third-level domain and can create CAA records, you can work around the issue -- while it's not normally necessary to have CAA records, if a parent domain is malfunctioning, but a child domain has some sort of CAA records, the parent's issues will be ignored.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.