Unable to install or use with older machines, FC5 3 ec

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: lightlink.com want a *.lightlink.com for 3 linux machines running Linux 2.0.40,
FC 3 and Centos 5.11. Only need a simple text cert that I can manually install in each machine, with a script of my own writing. As it is, both curl and wget barf with SSL issues on the older machines. I installed it by downloading using Centos7, then rsynced the .acme.sh directory over to the machine I wish to run it on. The install goes fine, but the issue does not complaining about SSL errors. The machines are using SSL2 and TLS1.0
It would be nice if there were a simple way to download a tar ball, and install in the usual way, and to be able to control what SSL/TLS is being used etc.

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):Yes I am root

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): No, works fine on Cpanel Centos 7

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

Hi @homerwsmith, and welcome to the LE community forum :slight_smile:

If the systems are as old as I think they are...
You might think about just putting them behind a secure proxy.

Otherwise, acme.sh is the way to go, but I don't know about just copying it from one system to another.
LE certs are literally FREE, so I'd just install acme.sh normally and then try to get a new cert that way.

OR

Since, you are requesting a wildcard cert you will need to authenticate via DNS.
You can do that part from any system anywhere on the Internet.
Then figure out how to distribute that cert.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.