Toomany certificates issued for domail hecker.si

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better.

My domain is:hecker.si

I ran this command:certbot-auto

It produced this output:toomany certificates issued for domain hecker.si

My operating system is (include version):ubuntu 14.4

My web server is (include version):apache2

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:contabo

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):webmin

I’m not sure what your question is.

The issue is as described in the title “too many certificates issued for domain hecker.si”. This is because there have been lots of certificates issued for this domain. There were;
6 certificates issued on Sat 13th
7 certificates issued on Sun 14th
6 certificates issued on Mon 15th …

If you are testing, then it’s best to use the test server - which does not have the same rate limits.

I have done a fresh reinstalation of server now.
I had trouble with fast cgi.
My question is
Is there any way to delete old certificates and to get a new one?
I tried certbot-auto and could get certificate for gostovanja.eu but i cant get it for hecker.si
Is there any way i can use the same certificate for hecker.si and other domains?

No, the rate limits are on obtaining certificates and deleting / removing them does not change the rate limits.

You can ( once the rate limit times have passed ).

I'd suggest testing and getting things in a working state using the staging server ( it's designed for such testing and doesn't have the same rate limits). Once you have your setup working then, once the time for your rate limits have expired, which will be after 7 days ) you can obtain the proper certificates.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.