My domain is:
www.melowhisky.com

My web server is (include version):
AWS EC2

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):
Ubuntu 16.04

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):
Yes

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot):
certbot 0.31.0

I am trying to host an API service using Certbot. I got the following error when sending test requests to the server.

SSLError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host=‘www.melowhisky.com’, port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: / (Caused by SSLError(SSLError(1, ‘[SSL: TLSV1_ALERT_INTERNAL_ERROR] tlsv1 alert internal error (_ssl.c:852)’),))

If I change to another IP address using VPN service, everything just works perfectly. Is my IP address somehow blocked?

Hi @alliwantistest

you have created two certificates - https://check-your-website.server-daten.de/?q=melowhisky.com#ct-logs

Issuer not before not after Domain names LE-Duplicate next LE
Let’s Encrypt Authority X3 2020-07-28 2020-10-27 www.melowhisky.com
1 entries duplicate nr. 2
Let’s Encrypt Authority X3 2020-07-27 2020-10-25 www.melowhisky.com
1 entries duplicate nr. 1

So there is nothing blocked. Looks like your “test request” is wrong.

1 Like

@JuergenAuer I’m pretty sure @alliwantistest didn’t start this thread because of problems of getting a certificate for his hostname. He/she literally says he/she’s trying to “host an API service” and has trouble “sending requests to the server”, assuming “the server” is his/hers own server.

@alliwantistest Could you please elaborate on the set up of “the server” hosting your API service? What does it actually do? What webserver is your API running? From where did you connect to your service? With what client are you trying to connect to your service?

Who’s blocking what? You’re trying to connect to your own service, correct? Then you’re blocking yourself? :roll_eyes:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.