Third level domain: example.edu.do

I have registered a domain name infolex.edu.do and I am hosting it with Ipower. Ipower has Let’s Encrypt SSl y its Cpannel, but they do not support Let’s Encrypt SSl for third level domain. How can I solve that issue?

1 Like

You need to speak with your provider - they need to fix their cPanel setting/restriction.
[or get a new provider]
LE has no such restriction.

1 Like

I don't think that iPOWER use cPanel as in "cPanel Inc.". From what I've read, it's a custom control panel.

What did they actually say?

1 Like

They said: I have checked it . Unfortunately FREE SSL is not supported for edu.do second level Extension domain names

1 Like

Sorry , We offer POSITIVE ssl at 39.99$ per year and 71.99$ for 2 years
WILD CARD SSL 119.99$ per year and 215.98 for 2 years
You can check detailed features and pricing details of those ssl at https://shop.ipower.com/ssl-certificate
May i know if you would like to enable POSITIVE ssl or wild SSL on edu.do domain?

1 Like

There’s no technical reason that they can’t do it, as @rg305 already suggested. Let’s Encrypt is not stopping you - iPOWER is.

From your perspective, I think the solution is probably to find another host without this restriction. Avoiding any of the EIG hosting brands is probably a good start.

1 Like

I think you are very right. What does EIG mean?

1 Like

@Radhamex That’s Endurance International Group. They’re based in Massachusetts, USA, but moved their IT infrastructure to India. They had bought out a lot of small companies. That’s how they got so big. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.