The Let's Encrypt HTTP challenge failed: polling pending challenge timed out

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better.

My customer’s domain is: hogardecristo.org.ec

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My operating system is (include version): CentOS 6 with Cloudlinux

My web server is (include version): Apache 2.4

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: I am the hosting provider

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): cPanel

When I try to issue a certificate for domain hogardecristo.org.ec from cPanel with the www alias I have this error:

There was a problem processing your request

Error issuing certificate
Failed to issue certificate
The Let’s Encrypt HTTP challenge failed: polling pending challenge timed out

If I do not select www I am able to issue a certificate for hogardecristo.org.ec
Both hogardecristo.org.ec and www.hogardecristo.org.ec point to the server main IP address 184.107.95.161

Why am I getting this error message?

Hmm, strange. There is a redirect in place for the www to the non-www-domain, but I can’t see anything wrong with it. Boulder should just follow the new location without a problem.

Can someone from Let’s Encrypt reply to this? Why does it work for the domain without www that is using the same DNS and not with the www?

Is this using AutoSSL ? can you paste the full log of the attempt please ?

It is using AutoSSL. In the logs /var/log/letsencrypt-cpanel.log I have nothing for the last test I did.

The only error I have is in cPanel:
There was a problem processing your request

Error issuing certificate
Failed to issue certificate
The Let’s Encrypt HTTP challenge failed: polling pending challenge timed out

Do you have access to WHM ? or is this on a shared server ? (there should be detailed logs with regard to the attempts_ if you can access).

Also, can you do a quick test placing a pure text file in .well-known/acme-challenge/test below your public_html and just place “success” or similar text in the file.

I have access to WHM as root and I dont see logs in the LetS Encrypt SSL plugin section.

I tried to run the install in command line and it is the same error:

le-cp ssl --user hogardec issue www.hogardecristo.org.ec hogardecristo.org.ec
FATA[0041] Failed to get certificate for map[www.hogardecristo.org.ec:{www.hogardecristo.org.ec hogardecristo.org.ec Alias /home/hogardec/public_html hogardec} hogardecristo.org.ec:{hogardecristo.org.ec hogardecristo.org.ec Main /home/hogardec/public_html hogardec}]: The Let’s Encrypt HTTP challenge failed: polling pending challenge timed out, aborting

In WHM, go to the “Manage AutoSSL” section, there are then 4 tabs, the third one should be “logs”.

There are no “Manage AutoSSL” in my WHM. We use the FleetSSL plugin on our servers

Sorry, I was confused by your earlier statement that you were using AutoSSL ( which is the official cPanel system for using Let’s Encrypt).

It may be quickest to check with FleetSSL where they store the relevant logs. It’s not one I’ve used.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.