Support for sites hosted by ezTask

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: http://www.co.wilson.tx.us/

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version): Microsoft-IIS/8.5

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: ezTask Titanium

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): I don’t know

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): ezTask Titamium

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot):

At Texas Association of Counties, we provide county websites for around 150 Texas counties through our ezTask Titanium provider. Some of the counties have expressed interest in acquiring ssl certificates for their websites and we’re interested in offering this to all of the counties. Based on the lists I’ve seen, it doesn’t look like ezTask currently supports Let’s Encrypt and they don’t offer ssh access on the sites. I’m trying to figure out what our options might be and what the the process for acquiring ssl certs might look like for us and for ezTask. Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated… I apologize if this is not the correct place to submit this type of inquiry.

Thank you!
Reagan

Hi @reagann

the question is simple: Do you have root / admin access? Or is it a shared hosting, so only the hoster can change the webserver configuration?

If you have root access, check the list of Windows clients to find a client you can use.

There are different clients, it's impossible to say: "Use that".

2 Likes

Is ezTask an on-premises application or hosted by the vendor or a service provider? Or a mix?

If it's on-premises, it's likely that one of the Let's Encrypt client options (see "Windows" on ACME Client Implementations - Let's Encrypt) could be used to secure any individual installation.

If it's a hosted application, most likely it is up to the vendor or service provider to integrate Let's Encrypt at their own initiative.

3 Likes

I appreciate the feedback. I believe it is a shared hosting, as ezTask provides us with what the IP addresses should be and it is set up on their ezTask server. That being said, it sounds like we’d have to request that ezTask integrate Let’s Encrypt?

I think that ezTask is running the server and would have to be the one to add HTTPS support. Ideally, they could find a way to make it a standard feature of their hosting products.

Can you provide any information on what the process would look like for ezTask if they were to add HTTPS support, with regards to implementation, upkeep, and renewal?

That depends a lot on what their own infrastructure is like. It’s possible that they would have to do some amount of software development.

Some more information can be found at

Okay thanksss a lot!!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.