SSL wont let me encrypt cert

My domain is:
animeking.net
I ran this command:
Let's encrypt certificate
It produced this ouError: Command failed: certbot certonly --non-interactive --config "/etc/letsencrypt.ini" --cert-name "npm-1" --agree-tos --authenticator webroot --email "robertshed91@gmail.com" --preferred-challenges "dns,http" --domains "dash.animeking.net"
Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log
Some challenges have failed.
Ask for help or search for solutions at https://community.letsencrypt.org/. See the logfile /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log or re-run Certbot with -v for more details.

at ChildProcess.exithandler (node:child_process:397:12)
at ChildProcess.emit (node:events:394:28)
at maybeClose (node:internal/child_process:1064:16)
at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (node:internal/child_process:301:5)tput:

My web server is (include version): Chrome

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Cloudflare

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): yes

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

Hi @shedman214 and welcome to the LE community forum :slight_smile:

That requires a bit more information to work as expected.

Can you give more information on that step?
If a menu choice, please upload a picture of it.

i'm running on a dedicated server through docker.

I don't know what to say about that.

So let me point to the obvious:
You need a working HTTP site before is can secured (via HTTP validation).
There is no IP address defined for dash.animeking.net.
So there is no way to reach the site (if one exists).

I created a "A" Name on cloudflare to point to my dedicated server IP address.

If it resides behind CloudFare, why do you need an LE cert for it?
[a cert that no one (other than CF) would see]

I watched some youtube videos and they all made SSL certs so I thought that's what I needed. Just trying to access my docker container outside the dedicated server network.

You could get a cert from CF for that.
OR, you could configure CF in a mode that can allow you to get a cert through it.
[I don't use them so I can't say for sure - but it's only one of two choices so it won't be hard to "guess"]

Now that it has an IP, you could try testing certbot in the staging system before trying to get a real cert.

1 Like

i created a cert from here and have a pem and key.

Ok.

So you now have a cert and its' private key.
[that is exactly what LE would do for you]

Now just go and use it.

Thank You....Thank You........THANK YOU! that worked!!!!

1 Like

Glad to hear that :slight_smile:
Cheers from Miami :beers:

#FreeCUBA :cuba:

i have two dedicated servers for a business this one is giving me this issue with my login. can I just add my containers to the one I just got working right even tho they are not on the same server preferably?

Logs: [10/15/2021] [5:31:57 AM] [Global ] › :heavy_multiplication_x: error ER_ACCESS_DENIED_ERROR: Access denied for user 'blackanimeking'@'172.18.0.3' (using password: YES),
[10/15/2021] [5:31:58 AM] [Global ] › :heavy_multiplication_x: error ER_ACCESS_DENIED_ERROR: Access denied for user 'blackanimeking'@'172.18.0.3' (using password: YES),
[10/15/2021] [5:31:59 AM] [Global ] › :heavy_multiplication_x: error ER_ACCESS_DENIED_ERROR: Access denied for user 'blackanimeking'@'172.18.0.3' (using password: YES),
[10/15/2021] [5:32:00 AM] [Global ] › :heavy_multiplication_x: error ER_ACCESS_DENIED_ERROR: Access denied for user

I have no idea how to help you with that, sorry.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.