Ssl renew help and rate limit

Sir my domain is crazywhims.com
I have created ssl with bitnami after 3 month ssl expire
now when i renew it says reach rate limit should i wait for week or do what please help me

Hi @bhj

there is a check of your domain, ~~ one hour old - https://check-your-website.server-daten.de/?q=crazywhims.com#ct-logs

You have created 5 identical certificates.

Issuer not before not after Domain names LE-Duplicate next LE
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2019-11-16 2020-02-14 crazywhims.com, www.crazywhims.com
2 entries duplicate nr. 5 next Letsencrypt certificate: 2019-11-22 15:29:22
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2019-11-16 2020-02-14 crazywhims.com, www.crazywhims.com
2 entries duplicate nr. 4
2 entries duplicate nr. 3
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2019-11-15 2020-02-13 crazywhims.com, www.crazywhims.com
2 entries duplicate nr. 2
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2019-11-15 2020-02-13 crazywhims.com, www.crazywhims.com
2 entries duplicate nr. 1

So that part has worked, you don't need a new certificate.

How did you create these certificates?

Please answer all questions:

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

But you don't use your older certificate, instead, you use a self signed certificate:

CN=www.example.com, OU=Certificate generated at boot time, O=Bitnami
expires in 3649 days	

Bitnami has different options to install a certificate. So check the documentation to find a working solution. Some users use scripts, some users create the required files manual.

Thanks for reply sir please guide me how I can fix this problem I am not good at bitnami commands I use internet help but if my certificate are not expire then why ssl is giving warning message on site your connection to this site is not private. please sir give me help so that I will follow and remove this error or should I wait for 7 days as rate limit reached.

Please sir help me I have only few questions how much time I have to wait so that rate limit will reset should I wait for 7 days or 5 and I have deleted my instance on since duplicate created , and if deleted instance on Google cloud platform without revoking SSL certificate what I have to do create again or certificate deleted and I can create new after getting new rate limit please I am new to this ignore my mistake thanks waiting for your reply.

Hi @bhj,

All of these rate limits are completely automated—enforced by software, not by human beings.

While nobody will get angry with you for exceeding the rate limit, there is also nobody who can reset or change it for you. Revoking certificates also doesn’t affect the rate limit at all; it’s calculated based on the time of creation of the certificates, not on whether they are valid or not.

You can read about the details at

Normally, you would have to wait for 7 days after the original creation of the oldest duplicative certificate. Or you could request a certificate containing an additional subdomain (like subdomain.crazywhims.com), assuming that subdomain exists in DNS and is pointed to your server; this certificate would not be considered an exact duplicate, so a more lenient rate limit would apply to it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.