SSL Reinstall Question

Hi there,

I’m developing my Web page and I installed my SSL’s on Apache with a Droplet from Digital ocean which I destroy to start again, I created a new droplet since I’m running magento2 and I had to start all over again, however the SSL is active on my domain but when I go to enable it on magento2 I get an error and I’m unable to access anything anymore due to that, so I’m wondering and I think is obvious that I have to reinstall the SSL on my new apache configuration for this to work right? Should I just fresh install as I did the first time or how do I fix this, is there any other way to resolve this ??

Regards,

Hi

If you skipped the form this community gave you when you started this topic… We don’t know how to help you (since this is a server related & domain related issue)

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

If all the data of the original droplet is gone, including the private key, you’ve got to start all over again indeed.

For vanishing and reincarnating systems like droplets or Docker thingies, it’s best to put the /etc/letsencrypt/ directory on some sort of persistant location which doesn’t get destroyed.

If you destroy and re-issue certificates too fast too many times, you’ll run into a rate limit and get stuck with a site without TLS or, even worse, a disfunctioning site if you’ve used HSTS.

I just did the reinstall SSL is added and status are showing A in a test, but the website somehow is showing is not safe but the full address shows the https, installation is going through properly but everything gets messy when I install the ssl, we’ll check out what’s the issue on this and get back with resolution.

Probably content loaded over HTTP when the base address is HTTPS. Check with whynopadlock.com.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.