SSL certificate for Register

I did check godaddy as well but didn't came out as convenient as Register. (I was with godaddy for another domain) I have free host in Register and 3 emails.

1 Like

?

Why only three? Are the boxes hosted on your server or on a separate service?

Usually, most hosting plans let you host a practically unlimited number of email addresses (with a finite box space).

1 Like

Yes I did check this. Register has a Partial HTTPS support

1 Like

My server I presume. Then 3 are more than enough for what I need..

1 Like

no rise on price

1 Like

Then the issues are ease of implementation and automation.

1 Like

The price is the same as you mentioned above..

1 Like

yes probably.

1 Like

I don't understand not including PHP though. Without it you can't even run WordPress.

RIght but for a simple page which contains just photo and video and some text works fine. The only problem I cannot have a contact form which need php for example.....(I haven't work it out yet, maybe with java works..)

1 Like

Let's stay ontopic people. We all understand the hosting provider is very limited and there are others out there which offer plenty more for perhaps even less. But ultimately it's @macnar s choice.

2 Likes

Thank you guys,
it's been a constructive discussion.
I will go trough those options and I will try to get back to you this weekend for some updates.

3 Likes

white flag! surrender..
Look it would be very cool be able to create an SSL certificate especially in light of the prices out there. Up to 500bucs a yearr!
So.. after searching I've found a site where I can buy a Positive SSL certificate for 8 Us dollars per year and for my simple website is sufficent. Things are getting little more serious if you have to manage sensitive data like payments or other user details.
Not this case. :man_shrugging:

Thank you everyone

1 Like

I don't get it, why would you pay 8 dollars for something that can also be free? I'm pretty sure that with PositiveSSL you'll need to prove ownership of your domain name somehow too.. Why not just use Let's Encrypt? Is it really that impossible to just upload a certain file to your website every 3 months?

2 Likes

I understand your point of view and I agree but now I don't have time to invest and for me means I have to stay long hours to understand how to do it.

It took me almost half day to set up a certificate email and calls with the hosting provider and also because I have to read all the instructions plus understand some procedures that is not my bread. I am a dumb architect not an IT...Anyway I've bookmarked the pages and I will go back to it.
( Is it really that impossible to just upload a certain file to your website every 3 months?> no is not but understand that 'certain file' is not that intuitive)
Cheers!

1 Like

If you mean: "I don't understand what you mean exactly with "certain file", then that question was already answered in my very first post in this thread:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.