Ssl : certificat de sécurité au format .cer

Bonjour,
Je dispose d'un certificat SSL Let's ENcrypt chez ovh. Je dois récupérer le certificat de sécurité au format .cer pour valider l'installation d'un module PAYFIP et le transmettre aux autorités concernées. Comment récupérer un tel certificat ?
Merci d'avance pour vos réponses.
François.

1 Like

You might need to talk with OVH to see where the cert is on their system. If you created it with an ACME Client look in its cert folders. For example, certbot stores them in /etc/letsencrypt/live folder.

Google can advise how to convert .pem to .cer (such as this link)

You can also find your "leaf" cert on a cert public log display like

https://crt.sh
6 Likes

Thanks a lot for your answer !
https://crt.sh leads to a list of certificates...
How can i get THE one and find the .cer file ?
Thanks for your help !
F.

1 Like

If the list of certs from crt.sh isn't too long I manually look at each one to find the one with the matching Certificate Serial Number. But others here likely have far better methods and suggestions.

5 Likes

"THE" one is the one used by your server. You need to review its configuration to know which one it is using.

And, your server may be using a .pem file which you will need to convert to .cer format if that format is required by your authority.

If you need help with your server config please answer the questions on the form you were shown as best you can. Or, contact your hosting provider OVH

==============

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

5 Likes

Thanks MikeMcQ.

My domain is: client.bleuanthracite.com

My hosting provider has just answered they could not solve my problem...

So...

2 Likes

That's not really very much information to help you with.

4 Likes

Two ways to get your current cert. One is to look at your Apache config and see which cert file it uses. Another is to use a tool to see what cert is active.

In your Apache config there is a VirtualHost definition for that domain name. Look for the Vhost for port 443 and it has a SSLCertificateFile line which points to your cert file.

Or, use a tool like this SSL Checker to view the active cert for that domain (link here)

That tool says your active cert was issued Nov26 and serial ending in dc4b

Then, using the Let's Debug system "Cert Search" (link here) for that domain you can see that cert.

Click the link for that serial number and use the "download PEM" link to get the cert in .pem format. As noted, if your authority needs it in .cer you just convert it.

4 Likes

Thanks a lot. I'm very grateful. It's a precious help ! Have a very nice New Year's Eve !!

4 Likes

Looks this certificate crt.sh | 8065875047 matches the cartificate being servedm.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.