SSL cert request validation failed

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: .*peakadventuretravel.com

I ran this command: I have ran the ACME wacs.exe and select the default option for request an SSL certificate.

It produced this output: authorization result : invalid

My web server is (include version):IIS 10.0.14393

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):Windows server 2016 std.

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: CSC global

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

Hi @Charitha

that's not a domain name, a domain name can't contain a * .

And your domain without the * or with www doesn't answer. So http validation can't work.

The complete error message is required, not only the result.

Welcome to the Let's Encrypt Community :slightly_smiling_face:

I'm assuming you are trying to certify *.peakadventuretravel.com. You should also be certifying peakadventuretravel.com because a certificate for *.peakadventuretravel.com won't cover peakadventuretravel.com.

The part of the error message you have provided is vague. As JuergenAuer mentioned, we need the whole error message. I'm suspecting that you're trying to manually certify the wildcard (*.) by creating a TXT record with a host name of _acme-challenge.peakadventuretravel.com and a value containing a huge string provided by wacs, but you did not actually create the TXT record. If you do decide to include peakadventuretravel.com on your certificate, you will probably be asked to create two such TXT records, both with the same host name, but with different values.

1 Like