Some IPs can not open my website

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: kidsocadopublishinghouse.com

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version): Odoo.online

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):no

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): Odoo 14 online

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot): Client from Iran can not open the website

1 Like

I don't think this is an Let's Encrypt issue. You probably should contact your hosting provider and figure out if they have any comments...

5 Likes

thanks I did and they send me here,
I test website with Encrypt SSL all have problem open in Iran

1 Like

Let's Encrypt isn't doing anything to prevent users in Iran from visiting the sites it certifies. (In fact, Let's Encrypt has fewer Iran-related restrictions than most certificate authorities.)

It could be that some hosting providers are blocking connections from Iran (as a way of trying to enforce U.S. government sanctions) or that Iranian ISPs are blocking connections to some sites (as a way of trying to enforce Iranian government censorship rules). We can try to figure out which of these is more likely to be the case if you can give some examples of specific sites and specific error messages that users in Iran get in their browsers, but we may not be able to do anything to fix the situation ourselves, unfortunately.

There's a slight chance that Let's Encrypt's OCSP endpoint is getting blocked for some reason, in which case the issue would be more widespread but would still depend on which browser people are using and how it's configured. That should also be visible in the browser error message, in that case.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.